Subject:
LEGO Mindstorms tour...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:40:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

  Tag, I'm it!  (Is anybody else 'it' too? :-)

  I got an email today from the Assistant Brand Manager for Mindstorms,
regarding my interest in supporting the tour when it comes to the
Bay Area. He was surprised to get a call back within 15 minutes
of sending his message. (Sorry, I was in a meeting when it came... ;-)

  We talked about 15 minutes, and covered a lot of ground. I'll cover
the highlights here, and I'll forllow up with more details as folks
experss an interest (just to save me some typing...)

  Volunteers:
    + It's OK if folks can't come on Friday, due to work.
    + LEGO folks will help train volunteers on the products
        + Darkside Developer and Vision System will get the most time!
    + If folks can work most of the weekend, it may reduce the number
        of non-AFOL folks that need to be imported to demonstrate.

  Co-displays:
    + It'll be near Christmas, and we may not get much space for BayLUG.
        + Don't count on floorspace for a train layout
        + Static displays, w/Mindstorms animation/automation would be great!
        + Train tie-in's would be fine.
    + We can't overshadow the Mindstorms message or staff.

    { I'm thinking about the tipper-car, mine ideas, plus a flyer or two,
      as well as some more BayLUG business cards to hand out... -Z- }

  Next Steps:
    + I need a list of who can commit to helping, at which malls.
        + I'll provide the list to a marketing company who handles staffing.
        + I'll also provide that list to the Brand Mgr.
    + I'll need an idea of how much space we'll want to ask for.
        + We can probably use a few of the modular tables (Mike P.?)
        + That means display have 30" x 30", or 30" x 45" to stand on.
    + I'll need a list of who whants to bring what for display.

  I'm in for Newpark Mall. So, who else is interested? Who wants to
head up the group at Eastridge in San Jose?

       -Z-     http://www.baylug.org/zonker/