Re: LEGO Mindstorms tour (Newark, San Jose)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:04:18 GMT

  I know it's only been a couple days, but I was hoping to hear more
by now. (Maybe we all just read the newsgroups from work? :-)

  Clarifications about volunteering:

  1) If folks can only do a half day, that's probably OK.
      (It's better if you can do a whole day, or two...)

  2) Volunteers will need to be trained on the demonstrations, and
      probably on a few other things, but there were no details
      about the contents/topics of the training. This would be
      done on-site, probably in the mornings, and maybe at mid-day.

  3) Drop-in folks can help, but they should check in with a BayLUG
      person, so we can introduce them to the event coordinator.

  I'm willing to be the contact person for the Newark visit,
unless someone else really wants to do it. (I'm hoping to hear
from the like of Eric, Roger, Mark and Ross, Paul and Tom McD.)

  Is anyone willing to head up an effort for Eastridge Mall?
I've posted practically everything I know in these two posts,
except for the contact info, and a couple clues. Send me email
if you're interested in coordinating that visit. :-)

  My thought is that folks with Mindtorms can make something
with them, and folks without can try to set up something which
can be controlled by a Mindstorms unit. Bring them to the BayLUG
meeting on 12/9 for show and tell...you might get some useful
suggestions, or find the last missing pieces you need there!
(Don't forget to post your "wants" list to the newsgroup before
the meeting, so folks can check their stock and get back to you!)
We can take some pictures at the meeting, and post them for other
folks to see. :-)

  Happy building!

      -Z-       http://www.baylug.org/train/