 Local / United States / California / 40 (-40)
  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

(...) This is way cool. Two things: 1. it would have been nice to give more advance notice of this, if it was available... this is the sort of thing that some people would fly out for if they had enough notice. 2. will Knott's be honoring 2002 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Visiting San Diego

By all means, you should stop at LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad. Another place to see a LEGO train layout will be at Knott's Theme Park, in Buena Park, CA, where the SCLTC will have it's latest layout on public display that weekend. Buena Park is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

The SCLTC is proud to announce it's participation in the 2nd Annual Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day, January 11-12, 2003, Knott's Theme Park, Buena Park, CA Our latest Multi-level Mountain town layout will be appearing for 2 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !

  Re: Visiting San Diego

Hi, If you don't know about it already Legoland California is just north of San Diego and is a must see if you are in the area. Have fun! James (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Visiting San Diego

Hi, I'll be in San Diego from 2003-01-12 till 2003-01-15. Is there something (Lego related) I should not miss? Do you have some shopping tipps for me? Thanks in Advance, Jörg (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Fall RObot Games in SF - includes Mindstorms

First, apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup - this is not an area I know much about here on LUGNET. An acquaintance emailed me this link knowling only that I liked Lego. I'm posting it in case anyone is interested, either this year or for the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Brikwarrers' in the california area.

Hello, this post is totally unrelated to me. I have an online acquaintance who lives in Central California, who wants to play brikwars but says he knows no one in his area who plays it. He lives in the Stockton, CA. Area. at the moment, he wishes to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

(...) I visit Sacramento every other year. Does that count? =) Just out of curiosty, in which part of the Sacramento area are you living? (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Or start your own up there! I'd bet there are lots of lurkers and interested kids/AFOLs in the area from Auburn to Elk Grove to Davis... The problem is contacting and organizing them... I'd suggest sending out a notice on lugnet, and posting notices (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Probably the closest LUG/LTC you are going to find is BayLUG and BayLTC, which are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The only two other California clubs are down south in Los Angeles and San Diego. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Sacramento Lego Fans

Hi all, I've just recently moved into the Sacramento area, Woodland to be specific. I was wondering if there were any Lego fans down here. I assume there are from previous posts, but was curious to know how many there were and if there was something (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  RE: Coming Baylug events

Hi Wayne, Yes, the next baylug meeting is in 2 weeks on Sun. June 30. There is a baylug meeting in Fremont every other month or so, sometimes monthly. Checkout Baylug at: (URL) and the meeting/events calendar at: (URL) I'd say the Baylug/bayltc (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Hi Wayne, The northern California hotbed of LEGO activity is the Bay Area-- BayLug actually meets fairly regularly (I think down in Fremont). Otherwise it is pretty dead up here, although a while back someone from the Reno area was looking for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  2nd Show This Month for the SCLTC

For any of you Lego or train enthusiasts that will be in Southern California this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-27, 2002), The Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) will be showing our second public display this month. Our display will (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Legoland Tickets

I know that this may sound a bit odd, but I am trying to get hold of some used examples of the different entry tickets to Legoland California. I currently have a large collection of tickets from all the other Legolands but as yet nothing from (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  SCLTC to display at upcoming Fullerton Railroad Days

May 4-5, 2002 Fullerton Railroad Days Fullerton Train Station, Fullerton, California, USA Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) Our display has gown in size again! The display area will be 26’x33’, our largest yet! Our layout, with over 325’ (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Place to stay? Please?

(...) Anyone? Maybe if I have 3 roommates, I can afford a hotel, but otherwise I need a place to crash, or I just can't come. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Place to stay? Please?

Hey all, February is really creaping up, and I still don't know if I can go to BricksWest. I can't afford to stay in a hotel, so I'd really like to be able to crash at one of you local's houses. If you're driving to LLC every day of the fest, you're (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Looking for Kevin Stephens

Hello All, Does someone know the whereabouts of Kevin Stephens? On vacation maybe? I've posted an order at his Brickbay shop on September 20th, but I haven't recieved a follow up mail from him yet. With friendly greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Come see Larry P. Live

If I can throw in my 2 cents, seeing Larry P. live is much better than seeing him dead. Eric K. Followups to off-topic.fun (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Come see Larry P. Live

The famous(or was that infamous) Larry Pieniazek is in town, (Glendale actually) and would love to meet everyone, or maybe anyone, available. So come meet him Thursday night at the Twin Palms Restaurant in Pasadena old town area. Date: Thursday, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

(...) I'm comin round bout now... If anyone familar with grooveradio.com is interested Cody Lee And Holly Adams will be at Broadway Bar and Grill on the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica this Friday night. Otherwise I'll be on the west side. (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

Hi Larry, I'd love to get together, but this seek doesn't look good for me at all. Usually, the week after a LUGOLA meeting is pretty bad for most of us as it's our 'decompression' time. If I'm able to get together, I'll let you know by Tuesday (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

(...) I am here now (in Glendale, actually) and Steve Chuck and I are talking about a Thursday nite gettogether... if anyone's interested, drop me a line... (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

Hi guys. I will be (90% confidence, it looks pretty solid) in the Burbank, CA area on a project next week. Regrettably, I will JUST miss being able to attend the LUGOLA meeting as I am flying in Sunday nite. I know many of you will be "meeting-ed (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Upcoming Southern California LEGO Users Group Meeting - March 24th!

In seeing the subject line, I was just thinking that instead of LEGOLA, you could have been Southern California Association of LEGO Addicts.... :-) :-) :-) :-) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Upcoming Southern California LEGO Users Group Meeting - March 24th!

We are scheduling a LEGO Users Group Meeting on March 24th! The meeting will be held in between San Diego and Los Angleles (in Mission Viejo). So far, we have at least 12 confirmations from all over the area. For details, check out the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Alpha Team found

(...) I used to live abiut 2 miles from that TRU!! I was supposed to go back up there this weekend, but the coming rain delayed the trip :( I was just at my local TRU tonight (San Diego, Grossmont) and they were re-sorting the sets they had out, and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Alpha Team found

I found set 6773 the Alpha Team Helicopter today at Toys R Us in sunny southern california on Jefferson Blvd in culver city. Not a big fan of transparent neon green (can the alpha team BE more obvious? i mean, it really destroys any intention of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  SF-based journalist seeks stories/comments for British newspaper (Re: help with article)

(...) The above was posted to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf (the San Francisco local group) today. Let's let Chloe know how much we love LEGO! Maybe a meeting with some folks from BayLUG would even be possible! --Todd (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

  Re: Spotted in the abs: #8458 Silver Champion

(...) Dave, thanks for the Zany Brainy tip; I found six Silver Champion sets at the ZB in Newport Beach. Well, now they have five. Woo-hah! Now I'm going to resume hugging my S.C. box... (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Must-See Museums: Lego Ocean Adventure

(...) It runs from April 1-September 17th and you can get $1.00 off admission coupons from Toys R Us. Info is also at (URL) according to the coupons. Maggie C. (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Must-See Museums: Lego Ocean Adventure

Quoted from "Parents", April 2000, p. 276 Under the title "MUST-SEE MUSEUMS" ___...___ Lego Ocean Adventure Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito, California: 415-487-4398 Dive into an imaginary underwater world made from nearly 200,000 Legos (sic). (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Orange County Register doing a story on adult LEGO collectors

(...) I get the Register. It is a fairly big daily--bigger, locally, than the LA Times, at any rate. It's a Hyper-Libertarian publication, of the privatize-the-sidewalks variety. The article appared about a week ago, in the Accent section next to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Orange County Register doing a story on adult LEGO collectors

A reporter with The Orange County Register (a "fairly big daily" in Southern California) is writing a story about adult LEGO collectors. He's looking (I presume to interview and/or visit it) for a couple people in Orange County, California. Not sure (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Call for Discussion - Northern CA Lego Train Group

Attention all LEGO Train fans: It looks like there might finally be enough people in the San Francisco Bay area now that have the train addiction to get an actual LEGO Train Club going. I would like to propose getting an official train club put (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: How to McDonald's Sets Cheaper!

2 McD stores in the Oakland area are charging $1.83 for the toy only. They are the Fruitvale/MacArthur store and the 66th/San Pablo store (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  New newsgroups for LEGOLAND parks

[Followups set to lugnet.legoland] Newsgroups for LEGOLAND parks have just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following thread: (URL) lugnet.legoland (group and hierarchy): General LEGOLAND® (not (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.rb.bil, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.win, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.de)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.ca )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.ca, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.us.ca (group): California, U.S.A. lugnet.loc.us (group and hierarchy): United States of America (U.S.A.). lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): General-purpose discussion groups (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact