 Local / United States / Arizona / 160 (-20)
  Re: DESLUG

(...) GATS is short for the Great American Train Show. It is a traveling show where local model railroaders set up. They come to Phoenix and Tucson yearly, IRRC, around December and Janurary repectivly. The GATS show is a fav of all the train (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

Other names which could be possible include: Grand Canyon State LTC/LUG (GCSLUG) Valley of the Sun LTC/LUG -if the Tucsonians don't want to do a club with us- (VSLUG) Desert LTC/LUG (DLUG or DESLUG) And even, we can get away from the whole "LUG" (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

John Neal, one of the most famous Lego Train Builders, may join a club if we start it? I am humbled! Neat logo John, thanks for making it! Since the ATSF is still one of our main railways, that LTC logo would be very fitting! It is neat, let us not (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

I always liked AZLUG. Jason (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

(...) Now this topic interests me, because I will most likely end up in Arizona (but not for quite a while yet). I had even thought up a name "AZLTC" or AZLUG if you will. Heck, I even made a logo: (URL) unite! :-) JOHN (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

(...) sorry to be dum... but what's the Phoenix GATS? and i'd be totally up for a club. (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

(...) Is that DesertLug? Sounds kind of like "The Slug" ... lol! But then ArizonaLug would be "A Slug" so we can't win! Well, I would like a club, but it wouldn't work until after the summer for me. I'll help with the organization of it, if there is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

(...) Actually, since I've had some time to think about this... Is there any interest in Colorado (or Rocky Mountain Region) for a club? 4.5 million people, I'm sure a half dozen of us could get together on a semi-regular basis. -Duane (FUT (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: DESLUG

(...) Did you mean to post that in the Colorado group? Or were you going for the Arizona (lugnet.loc.us.az) group? -Duane (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Google News

Google has added a new "News" tab to their search interface, allowing you to search thousands of news sources. A quick search for "lego" turns up a couple of interesting recent articles...(I'm sure there are thousands more)... (URL) Anyone in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Lego hobbyist article (check this out!)

I found a really interesting article in today's paper and I thought you might want to check this out! There's even a link to lugnet, and several well known lego sites, as well as some pictures of decked out minifigures. (URL) Hein_>> Fellow Lego (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Influence of heat treatment on Lego® bricks + minifigs

(...) Ok, I only had in mind, that 100°F is a extreme summer temperature (nearly(?) never reached, where I live). Just to help those, who think in Farenheit: Celsius Fahrenheit -20 = -4 -10 = 14 0 = 32 10 = 50 20 = 68 30 = 86 40 = 104 50 = 122 60 = (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: Influence of heat treatment on Lego® bricks + minifigs

(URL) guess I can thank you for doing all the work for me. I envisioned an arrangement using similar melted bricks as the logo for what may one day be the Arizona LUG. This is because I have often refered my home state as the land where the bricks (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Announcing the creation of a YahooGroup for Arizona AFOLs

In hopes of beginning a local club of AFOL Arizona residents, I have begun a YahooGroup specifically for said residents (and hopeful residents). (URL) some degree this duplicates the lugnet newsgroup you are reading, but I hope that the advanced (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Fun thing I get to do because of Lego...

I never thought that by buying Lego anything like this would ever happen... I mustered up the money to go make a purchase of some sets I'd been eyeing at my local KB toys. So I went into the Westcor shopping mall and walked to the store. I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: Legends in stores?

Yeah! Instead of his bricks melting, they freeze! Jeremy - Dang it's hot here already! (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: Legends in stores?

Jeremy: Watch out for these guys - they're always a bit hard on the new folks. John's a nice guy though, but he loves to track AZ happenings since he's jealously stuck in Minneapolis. :-) -Jon (...) people (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: Legends in stores?

(...) WOW! I feel stupid. (Need to type better) Not only am I a native, my Dad was born here and lived here all his life, I was born here and have lived in Chandler all my life. Thanks for pointing that out. Jeremy - feeling stupid (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: Legends in stores?

(...) I used to live in Tucson, and I'd always (and still do) get a kick out of people butchering the spelling of that fair city. But a native Arizonian? Tsk tsk Jeremy. I guess I shouldn't be too offended though... you butchered "Phoenix" as (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.us.az)

  Re: Legends in stores?

(...) Matt, I'm with you on this. I too live in AZ, the land where the bricks melt when left outside or in your car, and I'd petition for this. We have 6 mil + in the city of Pheonix alone. If placed in the right place, it would attract peeps from (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.us.az)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact