 Local / United States / Arizona / 115
Re: Phoenix Area Meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:57:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden writes:
Ok, looks like Friday, the 14th, Jason's house (that means you
have to give out directions, Jason), say 5pm?

I'll email people directions based upon the email address in thier Lugnet
posts.  5 is good for me.

Now, what should this first AZFOL (Arizona Fans of Lego, for want
of a better name?) be about? Just a general meeting, or perhaps
one of us (I'll volunteer) work up a small Brickwars scenario, or
what?

I'm partial to AZLUG, for Arizona Lego Users Group, but that does sound
really close to "A slug".  Which could have an upside in that it provides an
easy mascot to use, but could get the ire of the GardenSLUG.

My other favorite is Desert LUG.

I think just a general get together to say hello, would be a good idea,
though the Brickwars does sound interesting.  Maybe very small, like one
land vehicle and some foot soldiers per person type thing.  I'll try to read
more of the rules this weekend and next week.  I've only just scanned the
first few pages so far.

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Patrick Goodsell writes:

I should be able to stop in for a short while before leaving for
work.   I'm

close enough to where Jason lives to make that a good point for
me.

Pat

"Jason Ellis" <jae@interwrxnospam.com> wrote in message

Sounds good to me.

If no one else has any ideas we can use my house.

Jason

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden writes:

Well, looks like two of us are on the Mesa side - practically
on the

same street it seems. Let's try for a meeting, someone
suggest a

place, say next Friday (the 14th) somewhere around 4-5ish?

C'mon Arizona, can't let these other AFOL groups have all
the fun

now, can we?