 Local / United Kingdom / England / 25
24  |  26
Subject:
Too Few Uk RTL'ers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 03:49:01 GMT

I get quite a few odd requests for info on buying and selling old sets via
email sent to questions@auczilla.com and pause@lugnet.com, and when I write
back suggesting that they ask around in rec.toys.lego, most of the people
write back saying they'd never heard of RTL.  So extrapolating, etc.,
and that's how I get the guesstimate of 100-200 UK'ers, once this becomes
more widely publicized and given a bit of time.

It's just a guess of course and I could be wrong, but it's what my gut
tells me...

--Todd

I can easilly agree with this after one experience in the summer vac. I was
bargain hunting at my local car boot sale when I happened accross a stall
dedicated to Lego. Now this didnt really surprise me as I had previously met
the seller at a toy fair, and he had said that he often had a stall at car boot
sales. What surprised me was that whilst I stood there talking to him two other
AFOL's wandered by. Only one had heard of RTL, the second hadnt heard of it,
and the seller has no access to the internet at all. That makes 5 adult fans of
Lego in and around my vacation address including myself, and Kev Holmes -
anyone heard from him recently? In time this place is sure to become a hive of
activity.

       ,' . (    \                      (Duckie) Dave Till
     ,'   | (    /                  D.I.Till@warwick.ac.uk
  ,-/  / /|  \  '      http://www.csv.warwick.ac.uk/~esvvn
/ /  ( / {   >._      http://www.geocities.com/Paris/4192