 Local / United Kingdom / England / 11
Re: Hello Richard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 10:22:13 GMT

It's designed at several levels so you can interact at whatever level is
appropriate...  We don't expect all of the loc.* groups to be used anytime
soon (many will sit unused for while, and that's OK).  But we wanted them
to be there for whatever might pop up.  It's too easy to underestimate the
usefulness of a very localized group, IMHO.

A very good point. Make available the possibility of expansion before it is
needed. It is very refreshing to see someone with  forward thinking for a
change. (I have spent too long working with dinosaurs)

With regards to your comments on people asking you questions though not
having heard of RTL, Fibblesnork  and Auczilla were both mentioned as a
reference in one of our bigger national newspapers' website, in reference
to an article on Lego. (the article was about how optics scientists use
Lego for their constructs. much cheaper and more flexible when needing
to change layouts and set-ups).
Here is the site, and select search and search for lego, it should be
near the top:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000462069230476&rtmo=rX9mbXkX&atmo=rX9mbXkX
&pg=/etc/iecon.html