 Local / United Kingdom / England / 8
Re: Hello Richard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 22:06:47 GMT

I agree about too many groups, but then you know that already. Your 4
regions
would be valid for England, and certainly better than my e-mail for a
breakdown
by county. Still too big. For the time being, I would think it better for
everyone
in the UK to post to the highest, lugnet.loc.uk, which should do us for a
short
while, anyway. Once Lugnet becomes more mainstream, we can divert to the
.en, .sc,
and .wl groups....
I seriously doubt, even with 100+ UK future posters, that there would be
that many to
split down further. Unless of course lugnet.com gets printed in the in-set
catalogues.........

BTW, my nearest town was Windsor.........

Huw Millington wrote in message ...
Todd, now I know what the list you sent me to look at is for, I reckon the
list is too big. The size of the UK probably doesn't warrant more than • about
6-10 separate groups. Something like

South (of Watford)
West (of Bristol)
Midlands (Watford - Crewe-ish)
North (Crewe - Scottish border)

(These areas of England are pretty well defined in UK culture)

Scotland
Wales
N. Ireland

What do you think Richard?

Only about 100-200 people in the world know about this server so far, so • there
aren't likely to be many UK'ers here yet.  But my sense is that by the end • of
the year, more than 100 will show up.

Even with 100 UK r.t.l'ers it sure will be lonely in loc.uk.sx.bn! (or
whatever the one is for Brighton - my nearest town on the list).

--Todd