 Local / United Kingdom / 96
Re: Anyone know of a good place to get roofing tiles?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:49:54 GMT

Some branches of the Entertainer has them, too, again,
your location matters most of all.

I noticed! Just as I was easing myself back into Lego this year the
Entertainer had a stack of boxes for a fiver. Now - nothing. =( However,
I've been reminded of David Morgan's in Cardiff (Wales's biggest independant
department store) who tend to have the odd box of that variety in - I got
the doors and windows there, and they also had wheels and some other stuff,
so they may have the tiles too...

Dacta do a big box of roof tiles, number unknown, and price is less likely
to be cheaper than regular Lego.

I tried Galt Educational and the other one on the back of the Dacta
catalogue with a working email address - no tiles, and by crikey the price
increases with VAT added on!

I also tried Lego directly - I remember my uncle blagging a jiffy bag full
of 4x3, 2x3 and apex 33 degree bricks in the late 70s off them, but their
email system seems slightly squiffy too...

Steve