 Local / United Kingdom / 8581
Re: Escape from Privet Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:52:57 GMT

I'm afraid you're wrong about the blue - it's Life-on-Mars light blue. • If
you sit it next to some Maersk blue from Legoland you can see the
difference.  Maersk blue is more cyanic and a little duller.

Ahhh your right, that's what you get for guessing.... and not actually
comparing which I have just done. Want to see if I've got enough of the
correct parts to build a white one, with green stripe....

The car looks good on the box, but when you build it it's huge. • Scale-wise
it's about 8 feet high!  The tyres sticking out are daft.

Any body remember the cigar advert, (Carlos Fandango?),  of a few years
ago, which aklso featured an Anglia if I remember correctly.

There's one very clever design feature though.  It has tiles for • seats, but
if you sit a minifig in it and close the doors there's no way they can • fall
out.  But, remove the 2x2 round plate from the ceiling inside and they • won't
stay put.

Yup noticed that, but you still need to have the arms in specific poses
to get the minifigs to fit. The car really needs to be 7 wide

I quite like the Yoda brown colour, so if you want to split another • one let
me know - I'd be after most of the house (the windows, stairs, stone • clad
POOPs, earth-brown and tan bricks, and the greenery).

POOPs?

It would only be the Yoda brown I'd want to get rid of.

Mark