 Local / United Kingdom / 8580
Re: Escape from Privet Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Palmer writes:
Bought an "Escape from Privet Drive" this week, Camberley Argos £24.99,
and thought I'd share a few thoughts about it.
I bought the set mainly for the car, really just to see how it was put
together.
- it uses SNOT techniques at the front, but they could probably be
done with normal orientation
- the blue colour is the blue that was available at the RLD events,
Maserk (sp) blue
- love the rear window, but no tail fins......
- great chrome grilles, (this is something I did with paint for a MOC
some time ago)
- the car is 6 wide but doesn't have seats as such and the only way
for the minifigs to fit is to have one arm raised
- despite being 6 wide the tyres stick outside of the body, the car
really needs to be 7 or 8 wide.

I got one from Argos too.

I'm afraid you're wrong about the blue - it's Life-on-Mars light blue.  If
you sit it next to some Maersk blue from Legoland you can see the
difference.  Maersk blue is more cyanic and a little duller.

The car looks good on the box, but when you build it it's huge.  Scale-wise
it's about 8 feet high!  The tyres sticking out are daft.

There's one very clever design feature though.  It has tiles for seats, but
if you sit a minifig in it and close the doors there's no way they can fall
out.  But, remove the 2x2 round plate from the ceiling inside and they won't
stay put.

I think the house looks great from the front, plus it's open to view the
detail from the rear.  It even has Harry's bed under the stairs - and the
stairs are a brown one-piece.

I quite like the Yoda brown colour, so if you want to split another one let
me know - I'd be after most of the house (the windows, stairs, stone clad
POOPs, earth-brown and tan bricks, and the greenery).

Jason J Railton