 Local / United Kingdom / 7774
Re: #3033 available from UK Shop-at-Home at £24.99!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:59:22 GMT

Hiya

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
Sorry guys, I thought that 2p per brick was a good price...

It is, generally. But, I seem to remember that the last *real* bulk brick
pack that was available in the UK, 1857, contained 950 bricks for about
£12 - about 1.3p per brick. I think it was last generally available in 1998,
and I don't remember inflation being 50% between then and now (house prices
excluded!)

Having said that, I'll probably be buying a truckload of 3033s... I work in
the USA occasionally and I have seen them in shops, and considered bringing
a couple back with me, but the cost of excess luggage would probably make
them more expensive than even the UK price :)

Incidentally I agree with all the comments about Shop at Home's shipping
prices. The only other online shop that I regularly buy stuff from is
Amazon, and I generally think their shipping prices are high, but at least
they mostly have items below RRP. Either the price of the goods or of
shipping has to fall. The current situation is not what the dream of
ecommerce was about! But then, given the state of most UK toyshops, we're
lucky to be able to buy any Lego at all...

Colin