 Local / United Kingdom / 7638
  Quick introduction and questions

Hi everyone I'm just writing a very quick post to introduce myself and ask a couple of questions. My name's Tim Gould (which if any of you have hung around .loc.au you may have seen) and I've just taken up a post-doctoral research position at the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Quick introduction and questions

(...) I was going to recommend F.A.O. Schwartz on 5th Avenue, which has a tremendous LEGO section on the 2nd floor, but then I reread your message and realized you live in York, NOT New York. If you ARE ever in New York, look me up and I'll take you (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Quick introduction and questions

Welcome to the group :-) Sorry, I didn't spot you while I was in Oz ;-) I don't know of any guys in York itself, but there are a few around North Yorkshire... I only recall there being one toy shop in York city centre, and it's part of a chain (Toy (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Quick introduction and questions

G'day Tim, Unless anyone claims to be nearer, I might be the next closest AFOL - I live south of Yarm, which is about an hour north of you. The best selection will be the Toymaster shop in Kings Square, but it is not a cheap shop! There is at least (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)