 Local / United Kingdom / 758
757  |  759
Subject:
McD's/Little Chef promos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 04:44:56 GMT

And here in my town in Michigan, we are able to purchase as many Teenies as we
wish with any one purchase of any food.  One can buy a Coke and 50 Teenies at
$1.89 ea!  I only went in to purchase one each for my boys and as they were
playing on the Playland (UK equivelant of Wacky Warehouse), the cashiers were
egging me on to purchase more so they could move stock, which is still going
slow.  For those UKer's interested, the Teenie promotion here in the states are
10 different beanies than the recent UK promotion - the teenies offered in the UK
are the teenies offered in the states last year.
Because so much food had been wasted in the last two McD's/Ty promotions, the
management decided this was best.
Why we are discussing Teenies, I have no idea.

My local McD's declined knowledge in Lego being their next promotion.

Back to Little Chef sets, I stopped in a Little Chef while in the UK a few weeks
ago, and when I asked what sets were available, she said, "oh a soldier and some
other little people" and offered to show me the sets (obviously not an AFOL!).
The only remaining sets were the minifig from Space (9457).  The box did not have
Little Chef on the box, and looked like the set 9457 I had picked up in TRU.  I
believe the soldier she referred to was a Ninja minifig.
There was an advert on the table for Lego - and all the sets available (didn't
note which or how many), were small individual minifigs if I remember correctly.
A set was available free when purchasing a child's meal, or this Little Chef
offered a purchase at 1.99 without the child's meal.

As there was only the Space minifig available, I thought (there I go assuming
again!) that is was old news and didn't post it here.  But not wanting to assume,
this could have been a different promotion (though unlikely!).

Pam

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 1999 21:05:30 GMT, "Jon D Hayward"