 Local / United Kingdom / 7272
Re: Greetings, newbie here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:57:58 GMT

"Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GKqELn.MJs@lugnet.com...

BTW where do you buy your lego? Are there any good places in the area?

There are 5 different places to buy Lego from in Brighton.

The first two are Woolworths stores; one very near Churchill Square (the big
mall....big for the UK anyway) and the other is on London road between
Brighton and Preston Park (close to the Hobgoblin pub).  Woolworths stock
very little Lego, but the London Road store
stocks more than the other.

Inside the Churchill Square mall is a Gamleys which has a reasonable
selection but seems to get smaller every year. There's another Gamleys in
Hove opposite the Hove Town Hall which sometimes has discounted stuff on
rare occassions.  Gamleys is the most expensive for Lego, usually 2-5% more
than S@H prices.

But the best place Lego is the big TRU store in Hove.  To get there take a
train to Hove.  Turn left when you walk out of the station, on your left
should be the entrance to the foot bridge over the railroad.  Take the foot
bridge over and follow the road north till it ends at a T-junction with a
main road.  Turn left and follow the main road downhill until you see a car
park, a Burger King drive-in  and a big TRU store on your left.  Lego is
cheapest here....at the moment they have some large UFO sets going half
price.

I'd love to see that castle some time! I finished my biggest MOC ever this
summer, which was a 80 peg by 100 peg castle.

Ah, yes....I have seen the pictures of your castle before, heh, I liked the
cool lil' torture room.  Looks like you ran out of grey bricks too, I hate
it when that happens.  Anyways, my castle project is gonna be a big story
illustrated with various MOCs.  At some point the story will be set in a big
cosmopolitan city....oh, boy....that's gonna be a lot of bricks!!!

Stoof