 Local / United Kingdom / 7266
7265  |  7267
Subject:
Greetings, newbie here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:43:57 GMT

Greetings,

Thought I'd just introduce myself, after stumbling onto the UK section of
Lugnet (I'm alwayss discovering new boards here). I am a 23 year old AFOL,
having come out of my near dark ages two years ago. I've been building since
I was 3 or so, but I was doing a lot less of it for 5 years or so when I was
a teenager (ah, the evils or peer pressure and the follies of youth). I just
discovered the AFOL online community before the summer, but I hadn't really
gotten involved until I went to Brickfest 2001 in Virginia.

I study (history) at the University of Sussex outside Brighton. When I'm not
at Uni, I am in the US in North Virginia where my family lives. Are there
any of you from around Brighton? I don't actually have any of my lego with
me here, but I'm always up for meeting other AFOLs and talking lego. My main
interest these days is castle, but I used to do a lot of military type stuff
a few years ago.

cheers

Magnus