 Local / United Kingdom / 6986
Re: UKLug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 14:17:41 GMT

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, James Stacey (<GHHIB3.1s6@lugnet.com>) wrote at
08:58:10

thats fine. its nice to get some feedback :)

the idea was to give it a professional edge. We figured a slightly more
muted colour scheme would detract less from the images. Remember eventually
this site is prolly gonna be stuffed with mocs and Lego imagery, the site is
pretty empty at the moment, but thats not the idea.

Muted colours are fine, but it would have more impact if they were muted
*LEGO* colours. In fact, the two sites you cited earlier - lugnet and
brickset - both make extensive use of white. I'd be more inclined to go
for mainly white pages, with some form of signature colouring, maybe
with a logo.

Anyone want to volunteer to design a decent logo?

the Links are done as text to allow thm to be drawn from the database, and
also so they are quicker to load. (you can increase the fonts on the menu if
you like by choosing text size larger in IE)

No problem with this, apart from the resizing thing. I don't want
*everything* to be bigger, just those primary navigation links. I've
never felt the urge to change font size anywhere else; why should I
here?

Please please please can I have some more feedback positive or negative so I
know if its a yey or a nay, or I'll just go ahead with it anyway :) If
everyone dosent like the colourscheme then we have to change it, if Troys on
his own then its his tough :)

This is about the usual level of enthusiasm.

James

"Tony Priestman" <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
James,

First, let me say thanks for putting in the effort to get something
usable and pretty together.

Then, let me say that I don't like it :-)

The function is fine, but the form is lacking in several areas.

- It's not very 'LEGOey', that is, beyond the minifig and the small
pictures of studs, there's nothing to visually identify it as a site
about LEGO. I don't think the choice of colour helps. Sticking to paler
or brighter shades of traditional 'official' colours would help, eg. the
prime red, blue, yellow, white, black, green, grey.

- There's nothing really 'UKey' about it either.

- I would prefer the links panel to use a larger font - make it stand
out a bit more.

All IMHO, but you asked :-)

Tony

--