 Local / United Kingdom / 6979
Re: UKLug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:34:48 GMT

James,

First, let me say thanks for putting in the effort to get something
usable and pretty together.

Then, let me say that I don't like it :-)

The function is fine, but the form is lacking in several areas.

- It's not very 'LEGOey', that is, beyond the minifig and the small
pictures of studs, there's nothing to visually identify it as a site
about LEGO. I don't think the choice of colour helps. Sticking to paler
or brighter shades of traditional 'official' colours would help, eg. the
prime red, blue, yellow, white, black, green, grey.

- There's nothing really 'UKey' about it either.

- I would prefer the links panel to use a larger font - make it stand
out a bit more.

All IMHO, but you asked :-)

Tony

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, James Stacey (<GHEBxH.C8D@lugnet.com>) wrote at
15:47:32

OK I've put the bare bones of a site up at www.minifig.co.uk\uklug its not
working properly in netscape yet (but then what does) and if you follow the
latest news link off the frontpage you'll get a page not found. I'll have a
go at getting around the netscape ugly filter  tomorrah. Its all coming from
a database so once we are happy with it I'll do an admin system and then
everyone can have passwords and do updates themselves. That way no one
person is to blame if the site is never updated
LMKWYT and if your a non netscape user and gett odddness LMK also

--
James Stacey
www.minifig.co.uk

--