 Local / United Kingdom / 6973
    UKLug —James Stacey
   OK I've put the bare bones of a site up at www.minifig.co.uk\uklug its not working properly in netscape yet (but then what does) and if you follow the latest news link off the frontpage you'll get a page not found. I'll have a go at getting around (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: UKLug —Huw Millington
      "James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GHEBxH.C8D@lugnet.com... (...) It's looking good. It loads a bit slow for my taste (too many graphics?, but then my approach, at www.brickset.com, may look a bit bare) What are imaginet (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: UKLug —James Stacey
     It needs fiddling with. It's not too graphically intensive, most of the graphics are tileing but if people find it slow it'll need looking at. for some reason this server is incredibly slow from our office but quite acceptable on my 56k modem (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: UKLug —Huw Millington
      "James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GHEt8o.E5K@lugnet.com... (...) people (...) much (...) If it's free, then go for it! (...) That's a good point. It will hopefully become a showcase for our collective talents :-) Huw (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: UKLug —Tony Priestman
   James, First, let me say thanks for putting in the effort to get something usable and pretty together. Then, let me say that I don't like it :-) The function is fine, but the form is lacking in several areas. - It's not very 'LEGOey', that is, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: UKLug —James Stacey
   thats fine. its nice to get some feedback :) the idea was to give it a professional edge. We figured a slightly more muted colour scheme would detract less from the images. Remember eventually this site is prolly gonna be stuffed with mocs and Lego (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: UKLug —Michael Edwards
     Well i am lurking in the background and making my come back and i like to say that its good to see a protype website for the UKlug on the way :) I second Tony option :) Needs to be LEGOye and UKye as well :) My 2 pennies -- Michael Edwards Lugnet (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: UKLug —Tony Priestman
   On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, James Stacey (<GHHIB3.1s6@lugnet.com>) wrote at 08:58:10 (...) Muted colours are fine, but it would have more impact if they were muted *LEGO* colours. In fact, the two sites you cited earlier - lugnet and brickset - both make (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)