 Local / United Kingdom / 6869
6868  |  6870
Subject:
Thames Valley Lego Fest 2001 - preliminary announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:07:16 GMT

Well, time to get TVLF 2001 rolling.

I am looking for a large venue for mid-late September as last year. I could use the same place as last time, but will
look for something larger for big layouts.

Here's last years event for those who didnt attend http://www.wilkesworld.co.uk/lego/tvlf2000.htm

Any problem dates to avoid?

I understand there is a bionicle event at Legoland Windsor during September, so this might be a nice time to hold a fest
for those who want to visit there too.

I guess the themes are the usual
Large Train/town Layout - now lets make sure we get this right this time
  a) ensure a large enough area
  b) do we agree on table top layout or not? (I could make sure I hire a venue with lots of tables)

Sales tables of course (time to offload all those old MISB sets you have in the loft before Lego reintroduce it!)

Classic collections - assemblies of Classic Space - how many 928s in one room?

Castle wall project. I have built more sections for my walled town. I will publish the interface. Would people prefer to
  a) use the wall in the town layout like at the south coast - makes a nice town with the train
  b) or have a proper castle theme - i.e. medieval

What about something more competitive?
Like a vehicle race?
Or prizes for 'best moc' or something.

What other organised activity would you folks like to see? (as opposed to just bringing your stuff and stacking it up on
a table!)

regards
lawrence