 Local / United Kingdom / 6595
Re: Beatties
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 12:22:24 GMT

Jon D Hayward <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GDs9xM.H03@lugnet.com...
"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GDs5F2.A7q@lugnet.com...
Is there still any Beatties shops in existance??

Most Beatties stores have now closed down. There are two still open near • me
(Bromley and Thurrock Lakeside, Essex), but they are both low on stock. • The
Bromley one has had no new stock (LEGO, diecasts et al) for over a month
now, and the staff are worrying that they're next on the list for the
chop... :-(

I have a list of which ones are going and which ones are being retained by
their new owner -- I'll dig it up when I get home later.

What with the closure of Toy Stack AND Beatties, there are not many toy
shops left in the south.

Gamleys appear to be going strong still, but for how long??

Huw