 Local / United Kingdom / 6589
Re: 5533 at Woolies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:41:52 GMT

Is there still any Beatties shops in existance??

I worked for them in the past (before I got a real job) and they were in
deep shtuk for years. Then the Cardiff shop closed suddenly, and I know for
a fact although it didn't have the highest turnover it had the highest
profit margin, so I assumed the entire thing had gone tits up.
www.beatties.net has gone too.

James Stacey
www.minifig.co.uk

"Mark Morgan" <coachie@excite.com> wrote in message
Hi folks,
Just a quick report on current shopping finds.  Model Team 5533 for £14.99 • at
my local woolies - wasn't there last time I looked and haven't seen it at • any
other store.
You may be lucky, but it was probably an old box they found lying around.

I'll happily pass these on at cost to builders.  I may even part out some • 8880
wheels if anyone wants them?

Also had two Chrome Knight sets - the dragon and cart ones.

Toy Stack in Kingston has also disappeared, now replaced by another teddy • bear
shop.  Beatties is a dead loss for Lego too, nowadays.

My car is still off the road after SCLF - still waiting on the part :-(

Mark