 Local / United Kingdom / 6542
Re: Sopwith Camel sculpture is 'Available now' in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 11:13:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop writes:

But no, in spite of all the effort that lego have put into bulk bricks, I
can only buy 1% of the bricks I really want.

I have to agree with this. What we really need is a mail-order, any parts
on-demand service.

Suppliers of electronic components such as RS and Maplin have catalogues
that must run into hundreds of thousands of different parts, so clearly such
service from Lego would be possible. Hopefully we will see this one day, but
I do have my doubts. And if it does happen, it will be a long time coming.

Logic would suggest that Lego would have cosidered this. However, who really
understands how Lego works as a company? Inspection of their current
offerings make the cuurent system ill-thought. I can see the need for 3453
(100 2*2's) etc. But why is 5163 £1.99, when the 5388 costs 2.99?

5163 : http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=5163-1
5388 : http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?Set=5388-1

Further, are the currect service pack pictures as good as the pictures in
brickset / lugnet ? I think not. Why did they not re-use the better older
pictures?

Scott A