 Local / United Kingdom / 6495
Re: Sopwith Camel sculpture is 'Available now' in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:02:49 GMT

"Nathaniel Cross" <nathaniel@than.org> wrote in message
Not convinced about Lego Scupltures.
Is it a parts pack or something to display?
If I wanted a model of a Sopwith Camel to display - why would I want it • in
Lego?
(wouldn't a proper airfix kit be more realistic)

No, I can't agree with that at all Lawrence. I love the detailed Lego
models. Sure, an Airfix kit would look more realistic but then your • station
would look more realistic if you made it with glass and concrete. It's the
making something fairly realistic looking using only generic blocks which
impresses me.

I've just ordered my Sopwith.

But that's my point I guess.
I can't buy my station, but I can buy an Airfix kit
And I don't buy Lego to display as a sculpture - I buy bricks to build.
OK, so I would build it once, then use the parts elsewhere.
What I really want is just to buy the parts I want.
But no, in spite of all the effort that lego have put into bulk bricks, I
can only buy 1% of the bricks I really want.

regards
lawrence