 Local / United Kingdom / 6469
Re: Boot sale Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 09:03:28 GMT

I find its swings and roundabouts, the very nature of a boot sale means you
just don't know what you'll find. you get a few sellers who always have lego
and its usually quite expensive, but then you get a mother selling stacker
tubs for 1.50 (OK my bin gets pretty full of megabolox during sorting- but
you still get loadsa good stuff)

on the subject of price guides, there has been one dome it's called buy the
brick, but the guy who did it (and its really comprehensive)
got dishertened, lots of lugnetters are against the idea of a price guide
cos it encourages a speculative market.
I brought one though :)

James Stacey
www.minifig.co.uk

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GD15tu.6Gv@lugnet.com...

"Alan Kershaw" <alan@kershawcomputing.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
One solution to the problem is (as we are all computer literate) to • print
up
a lego equivalent of Glass's Guide to Car Prices. About 8 A5 sheets with • a
glossy cover is enough, with tempting things like MISB 928's at £200 at • the
front and 1p per kilo for the kind of rubbish they are trying to flog at • the
back.

One solution that I use is to look at ebay completed auctions.
These are held on line for 30 days I think.
Though this isnt the only authoritive source of valuations, it at least
gives an indication of what a set or part would realise at auction.

A couple of times in the past I have copied the data of the page into a
spreadsheet.

If ebay had a nice XML feed with proper meta data (specific to lego) you
could automate the thing. (sorry, being computer techie for a minute • there)
But it the mean time it requires a lot of grunt work at present to sort it
and maintain it.

regards
lawrence