 Local / United Kingdom / 646
Re: Payment to the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 21:41:23 GMT

On Tue, 11 May 1999 17:48:40 GMT, Richard Dee uttered the following
profundities...
On Tue, 11 May 1999 17:37:08 GMT, Rob Doucette uttered the following
profundities...

Can someone help me out here?  There has to be a cheaper way to send money
order payments in international currencies than the US$8 #/?!!#@$%$%$*** 50
that the United States Post Office requires (for payment to the UK as well
as someother countries).  My bank (First Union, not a small one!!) requires
a $20 fee.  There has got to be an easier way, without costing folks on both
sides of the transaction a small fortune.  It would be cheaper for the
postage to send rolls of pennies...

-Rob Doucette.

Me, personally, can write cheques in dollars or pounds (dollars
through my father). I also have access to buying and cashing
US postal orders, though not so easily. E-mail me, and maybe
I can help you out (though I am away for 2 weeks from Saturday).

I had forgotten to mention that I factor for Larry Pieniazek and
his dealings in the UK. You can send him a cheque/postal orders
for US dollars, and I will make good the payment with a personal
cheque to the relevant person in the UK. There is a 50c or
1$ charge for the service, though, which covers my postage, etc.
Probably the cheapest option around, and certainly quicker,
as my access to the service of postal order cashing is
intermittent. Once a month, if that.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/