 Local / United Kingdom / 6428
    Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home! —Jason Briscoe
   (...) Huw's right, this is nothing we have not seen before, its just selling off of old stocks, nothing more nothing less. I should have thought that the N/A means these items have simply sold out first. I placed some orders this afternoon and it (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home! —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) No, not really. I spoke with some of the management people at the S@H Europe phone bank today. As of 25 minutes ago, there were 530 5058 packs left--it's a matter of discretion whether they sell a lot to any one person, and the website is (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home! —Simon Bennett
     Might I dare to suggest a non-pessimistic theory... S@H is now the way Lego will sell items it previously sold via Service. It recognised the need and set up the bulk packs concept before offering all this 'old stock' service stuff. Once it sees the (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home! —Lawrence Wilkes
       "Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GCrn50.MqL@lugnet.com... (...) I have early train wheels for trade on my trade page (URL) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home! —Jason J. Railton
     (...) Maybe, but I suspect that Service was dropped (and this was over a year before Shop@Home) because it wasn't profitable. Too many sets for too few orders. The bulk brick selections are based around a different concept. These 'new' items are (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I think the quantity field is limited to 2 characters. I put a few things in my shopping cart (searching for someone who would be willing to remail for me) and had to limit to 99 of each item. (...) Agreed, this is not likely to be repeated (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)