 Local / United Kingdom / 5780
Re: What is the LegoFest Calender for 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:15:08 GMT

Hmmm.

Perhaps we can discuss the lack of responses to this when we meet in a
few weeks' time.

I'm inclined to think that the UK community is getting to the point
where we can start to differentiate between different sorts of events.

'Local' fests of a less ambitious nature could be supported by a small
number of people, with minimal organising (eg. the south east). This was
effectively what Huw's do started out as last year.

Then perhaps one or two big national do's a year that are advertised
months in advance, so that as many people as possible can attend. These
would require more formal organisation - venue, catering, accommodation,
etc.

Then there's the possibility of other groups for specific interests,
like Trains (GBLTC anyone?) and the Pirate Game.

I would definitely like to see some movement on both of these in
particular.

Thoughts anyone?

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, lawrence wilkes (<G88EqC.C81@lugnet.com>) wrote at
12:04:02

Now we have the Cheshire Fest scheduled for March, what plans do other folks
have to hold any meetings?

I am keen to get a TVLF2001 organised  (Thames Valley that is)
Dont know if I can hold out till September!

regards
lawrence

--
Tony Priestman