 Local / United Kingdom / 5748
Re: New to trains - want to swap for a long wagon or two?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:42:49 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message

Oh - didn't see you had a trades page (doh).  But, I should have specified
9V style train wheels.  And I do mean I'm after buffer bars complete with
magnets, btw (though one or two plain ones might be handy for buffer stops
in sidings).  For a moment I thought the stuff I had bought was missing
magnets, but it turns out that the strength of some of the magnets had
pulled the pegs out of a nearby buffer.  The magnets were all there, its
just that a lot of them were all stuck to one wagon!

They sure are strong!

I am not complaining about my missing magnets. I knew this when I bought
them (usually in low cost mixed bags at car boots)
Except there is no way to acquire them - the ones with the pegs that is.
They only come with the buffers - so who would give up just the magnet?

The older wheels are not a problem I find. They might not look so elegant in
terms of the surround, but they do the job. And the spokes might be nice on
an old style train.

regards
lawrence