 Local / United Kingdom / 5745
5744  |  5746
Subject:
New to trains - want to swap for a long wagon or two?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:46:20 GMT

Just got my first train set, and I'm looking to build my own short wagons.
So, would you like to upgrade two of your short wagons to one long one for
the price of a stamp?

I'm looking for someone with a few short wagons who'd rather have long ones
- because I'd rather have short ones, for Hornby-type wagon trains.  What
I'm proposing is this:

For each pair you want to swap, I order a long wagon kit from Shop@Home.
Immediately it arrives, I send you the long base and bogey plates.  You
dismantle the bodies of two short wagons and rebuild one long one, using all
four wheels, two buffer bars and a few 6x2 plates.  You're then left with
two short wagon bases (6x16), two buffer bars and a few small plates.  These
you send back to me in exchange, so then I can build two short wagon bases
from the bits I have left.

That way, you get two wagons turned into one long one, and I get two short
ones for my tenner.

Is anyone interested?  Or can you think of a a better idea?  Feel free to
suggest an alternative deal if you're vaguely interested (e.g. if you really
want to keep some of the plates).  Or simply if you've got buffer bars,
wheels or wagons to sell.

Thanks for listening.

Jason.