 Local / United Kingdom / 5544
  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) I suspect it's a general loss of business. I mean, Lego have done a 'Patene' with the Slizer and Roboriders, and are now doing the same with Bionicle - lots of big bright identikit-packages, with a fixed range, to try and force the shop to set (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) I detest these sets. However, I expect they are making them money - given the fact that we are on our 3rd generation on this stuff. I know Lego had problems in this respect when Argos cut its range. That said, they did sell out near me. Scott (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) Oops - typo - I meant 'Pantene' - cosmetics manufacturers are always trying to bring out a pointlessly enormous range of inter-related products to grab shelf space. Jason. (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G6zzuB.L8s@lugnet.com... (...) trying (...) grab (...) That's a relief - I thought you were starting to type in French :) I was quite impressed with the lack of lego on the shelves (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)