 Local / United Kingdom / 5048
Re: PAYPALS Goes International!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:39:18 GMT

I had a look over it this morning, there appears to be a limit of $500 over
six months. This is pretty low when you think about it. Also, I have heard
that, although payment is "instant", they can take up to 90 days to check
the transaction is problem free:

from alt.marketing.online.ebay
"I believe that credit card users always have 90 days from the date of a
statement to contest a charge.  If they assert that they did not make the
charge -- that it was made fradulently by someone else using the credit card
number without permission -- the bank will charge it back against the
merchant.  Guess what?  That's you."

If you go to the same NG, you will see that paypal is full of alleged problems.

I'm still undecided.

Scott A

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Jamie Obrien writes:
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

PAYPALS Is available in OZ!!!!

You think YOU'RE happy?? If this is true, I am ecstatic. No more
factoring!

It IS true! I have just signed up! Looks like you're out of business...

Works by crediting/debiting a credit/debit card, rather than a bank account,
which I believe is the case for US customers.

Now I can pay you for those Sail & Fly's easier...

Huw