 Local / United Kingdom / 5002
Re: Shop at Home Catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:56:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:G33G68.8rr@lugnet.com...
My UK Shop at Home, Winter 2000, catalogue arrived today.

Everyone else seen this?

Got mine yesterday, presumably its being mailed out to all club members.

Interesting that, style-wise, it's identical to the US versions, and I would
have thought far too Americanised for British taste. What sort of phrase, at
the end of the combined packs,  is "A £109 value" anway?

They've probably gone for some expediency here. They're probably doing very
minimal editing and layout work this pass. Once they're well established and
staffed up, you may see a catalog aimed more at the UK audience.

I wonder if we'll hear about anyone in a non-English speaking country getting a
S@H catalog this year (I guess French would be a good bet since they already
have French text for a S@H catalog)?

Frank