 Local / United Kingdom / 4813
Re: Lego UK - A Rip Off Britain Vendor? Some good, some bad prices.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:53:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:

The worst offenders are lego software, which are at least 2x, with Lego
Friends 3.65x, as it is on offer at $9.99 compared to UK price of £24.99

Friends came out at 40 USD MSRP IIRC, as do most LegoMedia titles. It's
currently on sale, yes, because it didn't do very well. (my daughter Taya
(11), who loves Scala and to a lesser extent Belville, was quickly bored by
it).

I did imply that by saying 'it is on offer', meaning special offer.
But anyone thinking of buying it in UK would be mad at our price.
It is very annoying that software is so expensive in UK compared to US (even
more so when it is a UK developed game from a UK publisher!)

regards
lawrence