 Local / United Kingdom / 4572
Re: Early 70's Finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:28:15 GMT

Scott - you have some much rarer pieces there though! As Phil says, those
'steering tubes' in black are certainly much less common than the earlier
white ones, but in #730 there are:

I've only ever seen the black ones - fancy that! I definitely have one, may
have two. Will have to have a look when I'm next at my mum's.

a blue 4x6 plate with a central hole (the cab roof) - only used in 334
(never released in the UK) and 375;
a pair of blue doors (moulded in clear plastic then painted) with vertical
door handles (superceded in later sets) - only used in 334 / 375

I've got those in red - presumably to go with the red 4x5 plate with the
hole...

The blue 5x6 plate with a hole is more common as 710 (US number) used two • of
them to produce a longer cab.

I own two faked (read 'drilled') 4x6 plates, but I'm still missing the • doors
to be able to complete my 334 and 730 (375 can wait until I find enough
trailer doors!)

Scott: if you're considering selling or auctioning this set, please will • you
let me know?

In fact, if anyone out there (Steve?) has any parts or complete sets • looking
for new homes, I'm _always_ interested!

I shall have to look through all my old stuff now my little brother's
interest in Lego is fading. I prefer early minifig to the mid 70s stuff (but
the late 70s sets where minifigs were babies were fab!) so I don't mind
trading some bits and bobs when I get it all back!

Simply Steve .oO (apologies!)