 Local / United Kingdom / 4457
    NEW Argos Catalouge —Jason Briscoe
   This is probably not thie first post about this toady but, what a let down. Apart from the few decent etchnic sets like the 8458, it looks like Argos has shifted over to Blockmen clones! Regards Jason (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: NEW Argos Catalouge —Lawrence Wilkes
     (...) Not surprised. Given Argos need to dump surplus Lego inventory over last few sales why would they continue to stock what is obviously a poor seller for them? Cant see Blockmen being any more successful though. Though the military theme might (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: NEW Argos Catalouge —Michael Firman
     I was just about to write a post about the Argos catalogue, mentioning blockmen, but you obviously beat me to it. There is actually only one lego "set" (excluding freestyle/basic)- all the rest is technic. Maybe people are more inclined to buy only (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: NEW Argos Catalogue —Ben Le Foe
      Hi all, I was also very disappointed at the selection in the new Lego catalogue, although one thing is giving me some (small) hope... As the catalogue has to cover the period up to Christmas, and as many Christmas toys are only launched nearer the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

          Re: NEW Argos Catalogue —Alan Kershaw
       I was interested to see that Lego is being being given less prominence in the Argos/ Index ranges. It is also being displaced in Tesco/Asda/Morrisons by cheaper clones. I suppose they all caught a bit of a cold with the discounting of the Star wars (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: NEW Argos Catalouge —Phil Case
      "Michael Firman" <mikefirman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FyKLp8.MGt@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) couldn't (...) The Index catalogue mentions a new integrated motor with battery box. Maybe the Power Puller uses one of those! Phil. (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: NEW Argos Catalouge —Ian Castle
   (...) Hi as a newbie to the lego online community I don't mean to speak too out of turn, but I have to disagree with you regarding the new Argos cat. I collect the Technic sets and so was very pleased to see the new sets on offer, I suppose it (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)