 Local / United Kingdom / 3936
Re: UKLUG (Was: Re: LUG World Map 1st Version complete.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 12:16:41 GMT

Whoever wants to be, usually readers of the newsgroup and attendees of events.

Why are parts of Ireland not in it?

Well Republic of Ireland is a separate country and Northern Ireland is a sea
away.

Yes, but both Belfast and Dublin are closer to you than Aberdeen.

Wouldn't it be better logistically if there was a United Ireland Group

Ian Paisley would never join that one :-)

IELUG or something since they are all on the same island - works out cheaper • on
travel.

What are the
membership restrictions?

Be a citizen of the UK?

I'm not sure if I like the sound of this. I prefer inclusive, rather than
exclusive, clubs. The group is called _UK_LUG but people in the the UK can't
join? Your narrow geographical definition appears to include only Britain,
rather than the UK. Also what do you mean by "citizen" - are overseas
nationals living in the UK excluded?

A better idea would be to base the UKLUG membership area on the loc.uk remit.