 Local / United Kingdom / 374
Re: UK Field Trip from US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:50:02 GMT

Basildon has its own TRU and a fair size shopping centre, but as I haven't
been there for a while, I don't know what other shops are about.

Richard is correct in that Lakeside, West Thurrock isn't too far away. All
the shops are open until 8pm during the week 8-) She'll find TRU out in the
retail park (which recently had Soccer Starter Sets, Pitches and Goal sets),
along with a Tesco (supermarket) that often has good deals on LEGO. Inside
the Lakeside centre, she'll find Beatties (who apparently had very good
post-Christmas deals), Toy Stack (good range, but over priced), Early
Learning Centre (little kiddies shop with some LEGO) and Woolworths (with a
bit of a LEGO section)

OTOH, a good trick that I often use while travelling is: locate a copy of
the Yellow Pages 8-) I know that there is a good shopping centre at
Southend, but again, I dunno what shops are there now.

Any help?

Good luck 8-)

Jon. (Yep - I'm back on line)!!!

Jon D Hayward
Chatham, Kent, Great Britain

mailto:Jon-D-Hayward@Chatham-Kent.Prestel.co.uk
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/1963/index.html

Rob Doucette wrote in message ...
My wife will be visiting Basildon, Essex, on business the week of • 15-Mar-99.
I have requested that she purchase Lego sets while she is there,
specifically any and all Soccer sets, #5134 {Shooting Cannons w/Wheels},
#5905 {Hidden Treasure}, #5906 {Ruler of the Jungle} and technic sets such
as #8480 {Space Shuttle} if they can be located.  [She also has specific
instructions to harass the British Airways personnel until they surrender a
number of promotional in-flight Lego sets ;-) ]

Is there anyone familiar with the area that can recommend a nearby (<15km)
toy shop she can visit?  Is there a mail order service similar to the US • S@H
that could deliver to her local office in Basildon?  Is there anyway around
the VST for non-EU citizens?

The address of the office she is visiting is:

Gardiners Lane South
Basildon
Essex, SS14 3HE
England

Thanks for the help, feel free to reply directly.

-Rob Doucette.
York, PA  USA