 Local / United Kingdom / 3129
Re: EUROfest 2000 in the UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:17:44 GMT

Carbon 60 <carbon60@bigfoot.com> wrote:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:
I'm guessing that the timing of the EUROfest will be summer/late summer • rather
than spring, which was initially mentioned.

Agreed.  I even considered going to the Italian LEGOFest IV but left it a • bit
late.

You'd be very welcome!

There's also the possibility that LEGO UK would be interested in helping • out,
if not in the organisation.. then they might be able to supply boxes of • LEGO
play with - as with the MindFest. It'd be worth scoping their thoughts • too I
guess!

Was MindFest public or private?

Private, if you mean they required an admission fee. It was 70$ or 75$,
reduced to 25$ for students.
For that fee we got many things more than the admission itself:

- Two breakfasts and two lunch meals (sandwich and soda and a sweet).
- A very small portable Dreamcast computer we used as personal card to
exchange info with other people and to play a funny treasure hunt. It was to
take home.
- The possibility to have our own exhibit table for MOCs.
- The possibility to buy MIT Press books at discounted prices.
- Some Lego that had been put on our lunch tables to play a "you can keep
what you build" game (that soon degenerated in "put everything you can in
your lunch bag"!).

It's been really great fun, and that's the reason why I proposed an
EUROfest.

Mario