 Local / United Kingdom / 3118
3117  |  3119
Subject:
EUROfest 2000 in the UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:30:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The way the planning of this seems to be going now is that a few people from
various countries are checking out halls, hotels, nearby attractions (assuming
some people will bring their families for the trip!), etc. Then once some
approximate price-lists have been constructed, these can be decided upon, as
there will be a small range of locations/countries around Europe to choose
from.

So would anyone like to scout UK prices? I'm guessing that London would be an
obvious choice of area.. or somewhere around Windsor?? Ack - my knowledge of
that local geography is squiffy, being up in Scotland.. and everything.

I'm guessing that the timing of the EUROfest will be summer/late summer rather
than spring, which was initially mentioned.

There's also the possibility that LEGO UK would be interested in helping out,
if not in the organisation.. then they might be able to supply boxes of LEGO to
play with - as with the MindFest. It'd be worth scoping their thoughts too I
guess!

Richard