 Local / United Kingdom / 3121
Re: EUROfest 2000 in the UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:49:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:
Then once some
approximate price-lists have been constructed, these can be decided upon, as
there will be a small range of locations/countries around Europe to choose
from.

I was considering us lot sticking our necks out and saying that we would think
about doing it but I wanted to get my Fest out the way first.

Well first off, no-one will be sticking their necks out - I think the reason
why the suggestion whimpered away the first time is because everyone was afraid
of stepping on each otheres toes. So this time the main announcement will
contain a few alternatives (with the UK in there, if we can get some info!),
that people can choose from.. and invite other people or groups to
suggest/organise their own location.

So would anyone like to scout UK prices? I'm guessing that London would be an
obvious choice of area.. or somewhere around Windsor?? Ack - my knowledge of
that local geography is squiffy, being up in Scotland.. and everything.

Hotels, etc. are expensive around London.

Depends what you mean by expensive, and what you mean by London.. and where you
go :) I've stayed in some (non-grotty) pretty accessible London hotels cheaply,
so I guess that's where the scouting comes in!

There's also the possibility that LEGO UK would be interested in helping out,
if not in the organisation.. then they might be able to supply boxes of LEGO
to play with - as with the MindFest. It'd be worth scoping their thoughts too
I guess!

Was MindFest public or private?

I *think* it was ticketed, poss with some public events.. dunno!

Richard