 Local / United Kingdom / 300
Re: What's Where and for How much??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:58:55 GMT

In article <MPG.1120044239e6242a9896b6@lugnet.com>,
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net had their 2d worth...

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:04:15 GMT, Richard Franks uttered the following
profundities...
Richard Dee wrote:

Beattie's in High Wycombe is the place to go!
They have loads of the Technic yellow sub for 15 quid! They
had about 20 left (I only bought 2). They also had about 25
of the FOS Technic set, as well, for 20 quid. 2 8277 XXL
model sets for 20 quid.

Ooops! I knew that there was something I forgot to post :) Beatties in
Glasgow have these sets at the same prices - or at least they did last
week.

I thought the prices were pretty spunky - specially as you get a nice
pneumatic air-tank with the sub :)

Richard

Absolutely f*"$&ng brilliant, isn't it?!!!?
We so rarely get decent sets at decent prices, I couldn't help
but buy 2! And come Saturday......
Anyone been to an Entertainer recently? Dave Ryder? What's the
Amersham one like of late??
--

Hi Folks,

The only thing The Amersham Entertainer had of interest recently was the the
FOS general set (8456). marked down to 20 quid like Beatties. I figure this set
can't have been all that popular at full price. Other than that set, the
January Sale. was a real non-event as far as I'm concerned, and I haven't been
in there since.

A note for those with Mindstorms: 8456 makes a great expansion set at this
price, as the FOS unit can be used as an impromtu rotation sensor, and the
Green/Black colour theme goes with the rest of the Mindstorms stuff.

My last purchase was the 8462 Recovery truck from Argos - Yes, I weakened too.
I only got that earlier this week so I shan't be lego hunting this weekend,
I'ts about time I built something instead of keep stacking unopened sets in the
cupboard, and tinkering with NQC. :)

Regards, Dave Ryder.

--
         \|||/