 Local / United Kingdom / 2664
Re: legofest idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:37:40 GMT

In article <FoBuEz.Mrw@lugnet.com>, simon@SimonRobinson.com says...
A station would definitely suit me. Not least because I've just built
a quite realistic (at least I think it's realistic) Virgin Trains
InterCity train to go in it, which I was intending to bring down
to the fest anyway (that's when Ian and John will discover what I did
with all those old red windows I bought off them at the Southern Legofest).
I've also got some scenery from my current layout
which would go with a station.

Well since I'm supposed to be doing the next LEGOFest I'm doing a train
layout with all voltages - I think that was Jon D Hayward's suggestion.
I have an oval of 9V, a bit of 12V grey and some blue 4.5V stuff.  What
class is this Virgin Intercity train - a Class 47 or a IC125?  I've done
an APT complete in LDRAW and one coach from Virgin's new Pendolino
Tilting trains - but it looks poo.  I'm doing an Intercity 250 next -
I'm building a suspension system which would mean full speed on corners
without need for a tilting mechanism.  I'll be converting my 7740 Yellow
and Red 12V train to tilting soon to test some concepts.

I'm close to getting a hall, it's quite big - you should have seen the
size of the Scalextric layout I had in there :-)

If we do a spacebase I have 10 packs of Blacktron plates to open plus
all the crater and landing plates I've collected at LEGOFests 2 and 3.
I'll even build my Unitron monorail and Space Track Futuron monorail if
you like.

--
Carbon 60 - LUGNET Member 93
Head Co-ordinator of UKLUG - http://www.uklug.org.uk