 Local / United Kingdom / 2659
Re: legofest idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
...or why don't we all build a train station, large or small, and bring along
some track (if you have any) and have some fun that way.

Scott A

Yes, i suggested that in my ideas for a 'bigger' fest.

I am going to find out what it costs to hire a local hall so that we could
have some really 'big' layouts.
I have about 200 lengths of track and 5 trains, which is already too big to
lay out in our house except on odd occasions when it snakes from room to room.

If several folks could turn up with similar sized bundles we could have a
really mammoth train, and I think you would need a hall.

With a hall you would have rooms for lots of other stuff to go on at the same
time.

I dont have an actual plan for a fest though. However, this exchange might
prompt me to firm something up.

Any one else thinking of doing it in a hall where such things as the large
train layout could be realised?

regards
lawrence