 Local / United Kingdom / 2446
Re: A BIGGER LegoFest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:42:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Alan Kershaw writes:
If we were to get larger premises we could do several things:
A Kids area/creche

Someone would need to supervise it - could you stand the noise - I couldn't - I
can't stand young children.

Meeting point for our wives (This could be a REALLY BAD, BAD idea

I haven't got a wife.

Run over a whole weekend

That could be quite expensive, that would exclude all church halls which can be
quite cheap to rent out.

Have closed sessions for ourselves, but sell tickets for admission to the
public to see old models and to buy from those who wish to sell.

This is my point exactly many people won't have the respect for the older LEGO
items than we do with each other, the two LEGOFests I've been to are prime
examples with people taking great care with other peoples LEGO.  I don't think
we've had any 'don't touch that' or 'someone's damaged this' which is really
cool - one of the reasons I have enjoyed the LEGOFests so far.

The one I'm organising I hope to try and get the person from Bromsgrove market
to come maybe for an hour or two, he sells parts my the pack some have rare or
unique parts, sometimes he has sets and pack of minifigs.  I could try to get
one of local toy shops to sell off some of his old stock - once I have a venue
and firm date I can start work on inviting them.

This will obviously mean a greater financial input from the people attending,
if only for B&B fees, and put a greater onus on the organiser, to the extent
that I would suggest a small committee (2 or 3 would do)to share the load.

Yep.

If my local area is anything to go by, there are a lot of non-online AFOL's
who would attend if they knew it was on.

You aren't volunteering are you? :-)

Carbon 60