 Local / United Kingdom / 2399
Re: A BIGGER LegoFest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:09:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
I notice several posts discussing next years lego fests.
I am really looking forward to going to one, so far the last couple since I
have been active here have clashed with other things so I couldnt come.

Anyway,
I was thinking myself about a Thames Valley legofest (oh no not another one)
But wondered about doing it on a bigger scale than the meetings at someones
house that seems to have been the order so far.

I had a few ideas about increasing the scope of the fests, and remember
discussing some of the points at Tony's house with a few of you.

If we were to get larger premises we could do several things:

A Kids area/creche

Meeting point for our wives (This could be a REALLY BAD, BAD idea

Run over a whole weekend

Have closed sessions for ourselves, but sell tickets for admission to the
public to see old models and to buy from those who wish to sell.

This will obviously mean a greater financial input from the people attending,
if only for B&B fees, and put a greater onus on the organiser, to the extent
that I would suggest a small committee (2 or 3 would do)to share the load.

If my local area is anything to go by, there are a lot of non-online AFOL's
who would attend if they knew it was on.

Anyway that's my groat's worth

Cheers

Alan Kershaw