 Local / United Kingdom / 2445
2444  |  2446
Subject:
2000 sets in Norfolk, UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:44:01 GMT

Langleys (Toymaster) in Norwich, to be precise. I only noted the prices
of the SW stuff:

7115 Gungan Patrol: 11.99
7124 Flash Speeder:  7.99
7134 A-Wing:        11.99
7144 Slave 1:       17.99
7180 B-Wing:        27.99
8000 Pit Droid:     14.99

A little above the odds, isn't it? Also, no desert skiff. Feh. No sign
in any other shop either.

Looking at the back of the Flash Speeder box, it appears there's a new
(to me, anyway) part in it; it's the same shape curve as the ones we're
used to but it doesn't overhang, it sits on top of a 1x4. Is this
entirely new or not?

Also noticed some larger castle sets, a smallish City digger and
towtruck, the highway construction set (huge box!), and lots of the
Arctic stuff.

What with that, the stuff in Toy Stack, and the fact I got paid early
because of Christmas, I've got a very bad feeling about my bank balance
in the next week....

:: paul