 Local / United Kingdom / 2392
2391  |  2393
Subject:
Star Wars 2000 sets spotted in UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:05:41 GMT

Popped into Forbidden Planet London on the way into work this morning, and very
nearly managed to miss the SW 2000 sets they had on display.  Off the top of my
head, they had:

Technic Pit Droid
A-Wing
B-Wing
Slave 1
The 2 Gungans riding on their donkey/camel type things :-)
Possibly another small set, I can't remember, and I've yet to check any on-line
references to try to jog my memory.

A notable unfortunate absence was the 8002 Destroyer Droid :-(

I only picked up the Pit Droid - I'm primarily a Technic person, and while I
wouldn't mind the System sets, I'm too much of a skinflint to buy them at their
RRP.  The Pit Droid was 16.99UKP, possibly over the odds?  I can't remember the
other prices, but I _think_ the B-Wing and Slave 1 were both 26.99UKP.

FP's phone number is 0207 836 4179, their mail order dept is 0207 497 2150 if
anyone cares to chase further details.  Interesting that they should have these
sets in already - IIRC they've previously been relatively slow for the Lego
sets compared to Argos, TRU, Beatties etc.

If I can find somewhere in the office out of public sight (i.e. so no-one will
see me playing with Lego and take the mick/give me a rollicking for not working
:-), I'll try to build it before I go home tonight (around 7pm GMT) and post a
quick report.  Failing that, 2 points of note from a quick examination of the
contents: alternate model is a RotJ speeder bike; catalog inserts are same as
8001, namely Droid Dev Kit and Technic/SW fold-outs.