 Local / United Kingdom / 2059
    Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc) —James Powell
    (...) That's a illegal activity here in Canada. The store owner has to eat it, not the till person!. Esp. a problem with restaraunts, where people run out on the bill, recently a store was charged and fined quite heavily for billing the waiter for (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc) —James Brown
     (...) Tell Dairy Queen. (...) Customers skipping out on tabs is a different issue than employees miscounting change. I think the legal issues are different. In the first case, it's the customer that causes the shortage, in the second it's the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc) —Mike Walsh
    (...) have (...) shortages. (...) When I was in high school I worked at a Crown gas station. For those of you who never heard of Crown, back in the early 80's it was the last hold out for full service gas pumping. We would regularly do $8k to $15k (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)