 Local / United Kingdom / 1859
Re: LEGO/DK event at Ottakars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:36:03 GMT

Apologies if the formatting on this is messed up... I'm using Netscrape
at work to read news :-)

I will indeed pass comments on to the relevent people.  We have actually
received calls here at DKFL regarding the very subject of not having the
right bricks.  As an experiment I have brought my personal copies in
(would you believe we didn't have copies in the office) and a 1796
Freestyle bucket to see how far we get.  I suspect we will be sorely
disappointed.

I will report back on what response I get.

Neil.

dakershaw wrote:

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:

I don't personally have a problem with that, and if you could persuade them
that the amazing figures books should come with the hard-to-find pieces that
they show, or have an offer to buy them... then all the better :)

Richard got to post before I did. My Five year old has just been given the two
new books for people & animals, made  "from bricks that you have at home".
I would be interested to find out how many of these models (if any) can be
completed, in the right colours, in the average LEGO owning household.
Disappointed children and harassed parents this Christmas day I suspect.

That's my florin's worth

Alan Kershaw